Lime Plaster has proven to be one of the best building materials, in terms of durability and restoration of historic buildings. Here at JC Plastering and Lime, we are proud to be a supplier of this material in most of the services we provide, because of the many benefits lime plaster can offer to any building. However, to ensure that your lime plaster surfaces maintain their structural integrity for years to come, there are several different maintenance measures which you can use to help. Long-term maintenance for lime plaster is a blend of vigilance, care, and an understanding of its unique properties. By incorporating the strategies outlined in the following guide, you’re not only ensuring the enduring beauty of your lime plaster surfaces but also contributing to the continuation of a tradition that has graced architectural wonders for centuries.
The small steps listed below can help you put together a blend of vigilance and care when maintaining your lime plaster from different external problems which are out of your control. At JC Plastering and Lime, we can offer the best possible services to ensure that your plaster is maintained and retains in its best shape for the longest time. However, this may not always be guaranteed. This is why we offer this simple guide to help you understand the small things you can do to learn how to maintain your property. Bottom of Form
- Regular Inspection: You will need to conduct routine inspections to catch potential issues early, these can include looking for signs of cracks, wear, and moisture infiltration.
- Cleaning Techniques for Lime Plaster: You will need to remove dust, dirt, and stains without damaging the plaster’s surface or affecting its breathability.
- Addressing Cracks and Blemishes: You will need to learn how to identify and address small hairline cracks as well as larger cracks, which are a common occurrence in lime plaster. Once identified, smaller cracks and blemishes can be easily repaired to stop moisture inside the plaster. When faced with larger cracks and damage, it’s best to consult professionals, like ourselves.
- Dealing with Moisture and Water Intrusion: Lime plaster’s breathable properties can help manage moisture most of the time, but preventive measures and remedies must be put into place to deal with water intrusion issues that may arise over time.
- Protecting Lime Plaster from the Elements: Challenges posed by changing seasons will arise often. You will need to earn how to prepare your exterior lime plaster for winter’s cold and moisture and protect it from the intensity of summer heat.
- Applying protective finishes: You can always delve into the world of the protective finishes you can place on your lime plaster. These can shield your plaster from a number of different external scenarios, as well as protecting your property from moisture.
For anymore information on the points discussed, we will always be happy to help. You can either take a look around our website or get in contact with one of our representatives today, where you can find all of the answers you’re looking for.